Founded in 1971 as a AAAA advertising agency specializing in creating, designing, implementing & managing turn-key motorsports marketing programs. Morris International can support any sponsorship with a professionally designed, turn-key sales promotion including consumer/trade/employee incentive programs, premium fullfilment, P-O-P/merchandising displays, package design & wearables programs. Morris International works in concert with our clients to produce sales results!
Charlotte Motor Speedway – The 1979 World 600 was the first sell-out in NASCAR history! Each race during this period saw dramatically increased attendance, and every 600 race since 1979 has been sold out. Morris International pioneered Motorsports Marketing by writing the marketing plan for the 1979 World 600 Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Later dubbed “the Bible of Motorsports Marketing”, the plan’s spectacular results were the first SuperSpeedway sell-out in NASCAR history! Morris International redefines Winston Cup racecar graphics with the now-historic yellow and blue #3 Wrangler Jeans Machine vertical car design.
Morris International becomes the only agency allowed (outside an agency of record contractual relationship) to produce an ad campaign for R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. The campaign resulted in the largest attendance in IMSA history for the 1983 Camel GT 500.
Corning Glass Works retains Morris International to devise a turn-key Special Events Promotion for their Chameleon Sunglasses NASCAR sponsorship. The program calls for complete race team management and publicity, as well as a retail promotion with R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. in selected NASCAR markets.
Morris International develops the “in-car” radio concept for use in the Chameleon Thunderbird driven by Dick Brooks as a special feature on Motor Racing Network. Buck Baker retains Morris International to design and implement a marketing plan for NASCAR’s first driving school — the Buck Baker Driving School. IMG , the agent for Tim Richmond – Indy Rookie of the Year and NASCAR driver – asks Morris International to create a promotion featuring Tim and Cigarette Racing Boats. Our efforts resulted in a 5-minute feature within the 1985 CBS broadcast of the Daytona 500.
Procter & Gamble’s Crisco brand signs Morris International as Special Events and Sports Marketing agency. We sign the Buddy baker race team to promote the Crisco brand shortening throughout the NASCAR season. Marketing and promotional tools include the “Join the Crisco Racing Team” Sweepstakes, Free Race Hat in-store displays, and a highly successful Show Car program.
Morris International is retained by Hobie Cat and Alpha Sailboards to promote a series of competitions taking place in the United States in 1987. Our “600 Week” helps Charlotte Motor Speedway set three World Records for attendance:
- Goody’s Pole Day The largest crowd to ever attend a NASCAR Pole Day Qualifying Event!
- The Winn-Dixie 300 The largest crowd to ever see a Grand National Stock Car race!
- The Coca-cola 600 The largest crowd to ever see a Winston Cup event! (And we broke these records again in 1987!)
Procter & Gamble’s Tide brand signs Morris International as Special Events and Sports Marketing Agency. We retain the Darrell Waltrip – Hendrick Motorsports race team for the 1987 season.
Morris International opens its Newport, RI office as Special Events and Sports Marketing Agency of Record for the United States Yacht Racing Union. The Morris International-Newport facility is to direct all watersports event activities for the company. Jock West, former publisher of The YACHT magazine heads the watersports division from our Newport, RI office.
Morris International, with sponsorship from R. J. Reynolds Tobacco USA, starts the Salem Prosail Series, a nationwide professional sailboat racing series. America’s Cup skipper, Tom Blackaller, wins a half million dollars as the ProSail Champion. Click here to learn more about ProSail
Morris International becomes Agency of Record for Western Auto “The Official Auto Parts and Service Store Of NASCAR” and leads the “New Western Auto’s advance into the sport of stock car racing.
Morris International starts “NASCAR Country” Radio Network, the most powerful radio syndication in America, combining Nashville’s hit tracks and NASCAR’s hot tracks.
Morris International orchestrates the biggest sponsorship package in the history of NASCAR, signing one of NASCAR’s best and most popular drivers, Darrell Waltrip, to represent Western Auto for three years.
Western Auto – Goals:
- Build Western Auto awareness / image among Do-It-Yourselfers age 25-54.
- Generate exposure for Western Auto that ranks in top 10 of NASCAR sponsors.
- Generate incremental store traffic / sales via NASCAR program / promotions.
- Generate employee and dealer involvement, pride, excitement and motivation.
First Year Results:
- Western Auto ranked first in awareness among auto stores.
- Western Auto ranked 10th overall in unaided awareness among all NASCAR sponsors including such long-term sponsors as Budweiser, STP, Tide, Skoal and Goodwrench in the first year. We generated over $15 million in exposure value for Western Auto in 1991.
- (In addition, the Western Auto car generated strong awareness for its co-sponsor ACDelco. 44.6% of all fans identified ACDelco as an associate sponsor on the car. The second highest response, 27.95, linked ACDelco with the Goodwrench car.)
- Core NASCAR market sales for Western Auto are now trending above other markets.
- Western Auto employees and dealers are firmly behind the program, and Western Auto has recognized significant positive impact on employee morale and enthusiasm.
Sears Craftsman retains Morris International to represent their interest in NASCAR, NHRA and IndyCar racing as their exclusive motorsports agency.
Morris International signs personal services agreements to represent top NHRA Funny Car drivers John Force and Al Hofmann and NASCAR Winston Cup crew chief Jeff Hammond. In the 3 years that Morris International acted as Agent of Record for John Force they increased his sponsorship income 1,000%.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., Craftsman Tools (1992 to present)
Morris International brings Craftsman into major motorsports as the “Official tools of NASCAR, NHRA and Indycar.” As part of our overall motorsports marketing program for Sears, Morris International creates the first-ever Sears Craftsman Tool Truck to test the concept of selling Sears Craftsman Tools through tool trucks. Morris International also created & implemented sponsorship of a major national Drag Racing event for Craftsman — The Craftsman Nationals.
- Morris International secured associate tool sponsorships and coordinates top race teams in NASCAR, NHRA, IRL and CART to represent Craftsman.
- Morris International brings Craftsman in as the primary sponsorship of NASCAR’s newest racing series. The NASCAR SuperTruck Series by Craftsman roars off the starting line with enthusiastic crowds and large live television audiences. The birth of the series is hailed as a smashing success by the media, participants, sponsors and NASCAR.
- The Craftsman NASCAR teams have included Darrell Waltrip, Jeff Burton, Ken Schrader, Michael Waltrip, Geoff Bodine and Joe Nemechek.
- The Craftsman NHRA teams have included John Force, Al Hofmann, Shelly Anderson, Randy Anderson, Gary Densham, Cristen Powell, and Connie Kalitta.
- The Craftsman IRL teams have included AJ Foyt, Robby Gordon, Eddie Cheever, Scott Pruett, and 1992 IndyCar Series Champion, Bobby Rahal.
- The Craftsman Truck Series teams have included PJ Jones, Scott Lagassee, Jack Sprague, Rick Carelli, John Nemechek and Terry Labonte.
- The craftsman CART teams have included Adrian Fernandez, Scott Pruett, Bobby Rahal, Bryan Herta, Gil de Ferran, and Christian Fittipaldi.
NASCAR Country nominated as the 1993 “Network/Syndicated Program of the Year” by Billboard Magazine.
NASCAR Country carried by 255 affiliates across the US and Europe. Reaches a cumulative audience of 3.5 million listeners. Sears Craftsman extends contract with Morris International through 1997. Morris International secures title sponsorship rights of NASCAR’s Supertruck Series for Sears Craftsman through 1997.
Morris International kicked off the first ever NASCAR SuperTruck Series by Craftsman event in Phoenix, AZ and later negotiated with NASCAR to change the name of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
NASCAR Country grows to 280 affiliates across the US and Europe.
Morris International signs Food Lion as the Title Sponsor for NASCAR Country which grew to 305 affiliates in 1996.
Morris International plans and implements special events for GMAC. Suite and at-track hospitality were provided at 32 sporting events including: NASCAR Winston Cup, CART, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series and National Rodeos.
Sears Craftsman extends contract to keep Morris International as their exclusive motorsports marketing agency.
Morris International is retained by Speedway Motorsports, Inc. to create and implement a marketing program for a new automotive after-care product.
For the second time, NASCAR Country is nominated by Billboard Magazine as “Network/Syndicated Program of the Year.”
Morris International secures GMAC as the primary sponsor of the 1997 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Champion, Jack Sprague, for the race year 1998. Once again, Billboard Magazine nominated NASCAR Country in the category of “Network/Syndicated Program of the Year.” This is the third time in the seven year history of the show. NASCAR Country continues to expand its reach across the US and Europe increasing to over 330 affiliates.
Morris International creates Country Thunder. This daily two minute vignette is the perfect compliment to the weekly NASCAR Country program. It gives the listener their daily dose of Nashville’s hit tracks and NASCAR’s hot tracks.
Bruton Smith Motorsports purchases the patent and company that created the Aviation Micro Oil Lubricant AVBLEND and names Morris International as The Agency of Record to create the name and marketing concept to promote their new consumer automotive product.
With the extensive expertise gained in the motorsports industry Morris International, through extensive info-commercials and unique marketing venues, is able to create a huge market share for the newly named “ZMAX” in a highly competitive oil additive field. In celebration of the huge success of the product, the ZMAX Drag Strip opened in mid-2008 adjacent to the Lowe’s Motor Speedway just outside Charlotte, NC.